The mission of Jinka University Library is to foster intellectual growth, academic success, and lifelong learning for the students and staff of the university. JKU as academic library which serve the university community that adds a value in the teaching learning process by providing the relevant information resources for students and university community.
To achieve this mission JKU Library provides 7 days per week for 24 hour services for its customers.
Type of library services
- Circulation service
- Loan service
- Internet service
- Reference service
- Documentation service
- Reserved spaces for disable student
- Digital counter system for users
- Separate Library for female student
Resource and collection
- The available collection excluding periodicals is about 115,000 volumes of books and documents of different subjects.
- The Library is using open system based on Dewey decimal classification/DDC/ scheme.
Library Technology based service
- Digital Library: The library has implemented Digital library using Greenstone Digita library software. Digital contents (eBooks and e-Journals) are organized, built and accessible for users via internet in the campus network.
- DSpace Digital Repository:JKU Library has implemented Institutional Repository (IR) system using DSpace digital repository software to collect, manage, preserve and disseminate collections of digital content generated by school, staff, students at JKU.