A model center that excels in ICT infrastructure for academic, research and community service in Ethiopia.
- Creating a conducive teaching-learning, research, community service, management, and administration environment with ICT support.
- Providing reliable and adequate network infrastructure.
- Automating teaching-learning process.
- On-time user support.
- Delivering fast and reliable Internet and Intranet service on 24/7 for JKU communities.
- Automating business process
- Securing JKU network from any treats internal or external.
- Ensuring the quality of JKU ICT equipment’s.
- ICT consultancy and training.
- Conducting research in ICT.
- Delivering ICT research outcomes, and professional application software’s.
- Exclusively managing, insuring quality, monitoring and maintenance of any ICT related equipment’s.
- Discarding any ICT equipment’s should be approved by ICT Directorate.
- Any application software’s that are installed on JKU ICT equipment’s should get the approval of ICT Directorate.
- Preparing ICT Policies, standards and guidelines.
- Request for any proprietary application software’s and operating systems should be first approved by ICT before further processing.
- Managing, maintaining, upgrading and expanding of the network infrastructure, ICT Pools, SMART Rooms.
Mengistu Estifanos Hailemichael
Director, Information Communication Technology Directorate
Mobile: – +251-902926737