Higher Education institutions are widely recognized as essential contributors to economic development through their role in producing the knowledge, skills, and innovations needed to drive their respective national economies. In addition to producing work-ready graduates for the job market, higher education institutions also play a pivotal role in conducting research and incubating scientific and technological innovations. The outcome of research undertaken in universities have to be transferred to the industry (Public service) to promote real and sustained economic growth and social development.
The Ethiopian Civil Service University (ECSU) was established in 1995 to support the transformation drives of the Ethiopian Public Service within the context of the country’s development policies and strategies so that it becomes a system that is effective, transparent, accountable, learning and changing. More specifically, the University aims at enhancing the service orientation, transparency and accountability of the public service by building its capacity through Specialized Education, Training, Consultancy, Research and Community Services.
Goal, Vision and Mission, Objectives and Motto
The goal of University Industry Linkage of JKU is to evolve as an autonomous and independent (academic and research institution) graduate and research university with a competitive national and international quality and relevance standards in its academic, research and community services endeavor
- To make JKU the nation’s leading university in technology innovation, incubation and transfer.
- Liaison University Industry Linkage age to ensure innovation, incubation and transfer of knowledge and technology
- Coordinate internship program so that students will get the opportunity to see real industry and community problems and come up with possible solutions
- Establish and maintain University-Industry and community relations through memorandum of understanding/agreement
- Collaborative spirit: Culture of working cooperatively within the University and with other stakeholders; developing the “we” spirit and joint responsibility
- Respect for Nature and Environment: All endeavors of the university should be environmental friendly
- Invention and Innovation: Creativity and innovation as hallmark of our efforts, we are in a higher education industry where creativity and adaption to its changing environment and responds to the needs of the community.
- The Industry Linkage Directorate aims to provide support to all offices in the institute in producing highly skillful graduates who can actively participate in all sectorial development programs of the country. In achieving this objective, it applies proven strategies to enhance Public-Private Partnership.
Knowledge for Change
Duties and responsibilities of the University industry linkage Directorate
- Link the University to industry for mutual benefit.
- Assist in the establishment of partnership with local and international organizations.
- Organize the development of policies and guidelines of university industry linkage in collaboration with relevant colleges and institutions.
- Link University academic staff with industry for collaborative research, training and consultancy work.
- Identify and prioritize researchable issues in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate the transfer and implementation of research outputs.
- Coordinate seminars and workshops for University-Industry relationships.
- Arrange opportunities in industry for practical experience for ECSU students.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of policies and oversees, the implementation of intellectual property rights.
- Facilitate conditions to create joint agreement between University and Industries, University-Technical and vocational educational colleges and university-research centers.
- Serve, manage, and transfer Jinka University owned intellectual property to benefit society.
- Transfer inventions and innovative knowledge to outside organizations
- Provide a comprehensive technology transfer system.
- Commercialize JKU research discoveries for societal benefit.
- Support economic growth by introducing new technology to the society.
- Generate income for future research, development and education at JKU.
- Provide long and short term trainings that upgrade or scale up the knowledge and skill of professionals in University and centers of Vocational education, industry and research.
JKU UIL Office information
University industry linkage Directorate, Director
Mr. Moy Topo
Tel: +251932606798; +251993199197