Overview: The College of Business and Economics was one of the four colleges established at the Jinka University in the year 2017 G.C (2010E.C). The objective of establishing the College is to produce well-trained manpower in the area of Business and Economics that could contribute towards the development of the country. Initially, the college has started with Bachelor of Arts degree programs in Accounting & Finance, Economics and Management.
The College is striving to become a center of excellence in the fields of business and economics nationally and internationally in producing qualified graduate. As part of the accomplishment of its mission, the college is ready to offer courses under summer, Week end (extension) and evening degree programs in the field of Accounting & Finance, Economics and Management and the college finalized all the procedures to launch Tourism Management program in 2019/20 academic year.
In addition, the College is working very hard towards the quality of education in all the programs that are being run under its jurisdiction. At the same time, the college is doing its best to further expand the education services in terms of opening graduate programs in various departments of the college.
The vision of the College of Business and Economics of the Jinka University is to become first chosen college by being a center of excellence in academics, research and community services.
The mission statements of the College of Business and Economics are:
- To train qualified manpower that will become important source of management expertise for the local and global community in the area of Business and Economics.
- Initiate and conduct demand driven researches in the aforementioned areas of studies.
- To provide need based and reliable consultancy and short-term training services to the society.
- To strengthen our position as a destination of choice for students seeking a lifelong personal and professional network.
- To assure that our graduates will be valued as competent, confident and ethical business leaders.
Core Values of the College
- We believe that the personal and educational development of our students is the
- We value inspiration, discovery and creativity inside and outside the classroom.
- We believe that personal and institutional integrity are essential.
- We believe in diversity among our student body, faculty and staff.
undergraduate academic programs
- Accounting & Finance
- Tourism and Hotel management
- Banking and Finance
Upon graduating, our students should have the following knowledge:
- A common core of knowledge that enables them to understand and apply: Basic concepts and principles of business operations and leadership, particularly a sense of how to prioritize, delegate and coordinate organizational tasks to fit the organizational mission, business environment, and community context.
- Individual and group decision-making processes for assuring efficient, effective, and ethical outcomes.
- Integrative knowledge of how the decision process relates to the various contexts within which business operates (technological, economic, social, cultural, legal, ethical, and international).
- Specialized business knowledge that they can apply in their subsequent careers.
- An understanding of the entrepreneurial process.
- An understanding of the critical role of sound, ethical business and personal judgment in creating and maintaining successful business relationships
Upon graduating, our students should have the following attitudes:
- Conviction that they have received a quality education, appropriate to their personal and career goals.
- Appreciation of the goal-orientation and self-motivation needed to be a successful business leader.
- Confidence that they are prepared to take on the challenges of the global marketplace.
- Recognition that an on-going commitment to learning is critical to continued success and satisfaction in their career.
- Confidence that they can respond to the diverse values and needs of their co-workers, clients, and other stakeholders, while working with those of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Recognition that community service will be an important component of their future professional responsibilities.
- Confidence that they can make effective and ethical decisions, even under conditions of uncertainty, ambiguity, value conflict, and incomplete information.
Upon graduating, our students should have the following skills:
- Individual and team-based analytical/critical thinking and integrative problem-solving skills.
- Effective, confident written and oral communication skills in one-on-one and group settings, demonstrating professional demeanor.
- Facility in computer-related applications and current methods of business analysis and presentation.
- Job search and interview skills.